a perfect day at work involves a whole lot of glitter and the joy that it brings.

we made cards to send to the troops in iraq, and after writing letters,that included messages like:
you are pure awesomeness
you are army strong
shoot the people in iraq with your tanks
i want to be in the air force one day and maybe i will meet you
and
i'm sure your family misses you but hopefully you have friend who will stand up for you.



5 comments:
That's the sweetest thing I ever heard! I know they'll love getting those cards! :)
Love these. Love the idea of letting them dry on a string too! I have never tried that!
Huh... I wouldn't have expected to see those cards in your school room ;) But I do think it is great to support the individuals who are stranded in a horrible situation.
Sweet...love it and love that you are a teacher who isn't afraid of making a mess! There are so many out there who don't like to make a mess and don't understand that the experience is what teaches their kids soooooo much more than a book can...!!!! BTW, I agree with Trollspotter--definitely great to support those who are stranded in a horrible situation! Good sociocultural lesson for the kiddos!
such a sweet post and lovely photos!!!
truly makes me miss my shorties!
merry christmas to you, sister!
i hope you have a nice winter break.
Post a Comment