Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Resolution

This year, my goal is to learn to use my camera.
Really use it.
I got a new fixed 50 mm lens for Christmas and I want to play around with it. I want to better record our lives, and frankly, I just love to take pictures.
As a part of this goal, I have joined a group on Facebook that challenges us to take a Picture A Day, on a different theme each month.
I'm less than a week in, loving it, and hoping I don't lose steam.
It's all very experimental (see part one of my goal: learn to use my camera) and quite fun.
This month's theme is negative space. You'll notice I have a couple of favorite subjects. :)

It's also fun to see the small moments in our lives that tell our story.
That we are still in our pj's at noon on the weekends.
The stack of clean clothes waiting to be put away in the background.

A naked baby playing.
The mirror that needs to be cleaned.
The box of toys that's been dumped out, just for fun.


And a lot of smiles.
It's fun to look back on those, too.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

yaaay! so stoked that you are doing this with us. at the end of the year, you will be so pleased.
this month's theme is kind of kicking my arse...