Thursday, July 19, 2007

Colors on my mind

After watching some fellow bloggers take on a week of colors challenge, I have been very aware of the colors around me. I haven't taken on a full blown challenge, but watering and wandering the garden last evening with Todd, I was struck by how much color there was, beside just GREEN.

There is green, of course:
lots of it...

but there's also yellows and reds and oranges...
there's so, so many shades of brown...

And when you take all these color away, there is still the simple beauty of the plants. The small miracles that they grow and flourish and protect themselves and grow more. It's a beautiful game of survival.

p.s. Todd has finally updated his blog, so check it out here, and then post a comment to keep him encouraged!

4 comments:

mint and orange said...

what great photos... and your veggies look delicious!

nina beana said...

jeaaaalous about the red tomatoes...i've still got a whole bunch of green! hope you like zucchini and squash, because that's what for dinner, yo. can't wait for your visit...i'm dying with excitement.

Unknown said...

so beautiful! I see these in my garden too. You captured it all so beautifully.

Anonymous said...

I love all your garden pictures! I am so jelous of your beautiful garden. Happy summer eating!