nina has a habit of making me think at times.
(time referenced in this post not pictured)
this time, when she came up with another personal mantra,
it made me wonder,
what is my mantra?
i needed a mantra.
i didn't have a mantra.
the panic of lack of self-definition set in.
where was my mantra?
today i heard it.
i went to service with todd,
a new and peaceful ritual that we have added to our sundays.
its a diverse group,
full of open minds.
including the couple that wears their renaissance clothing,
and us, sitting in the back.
anyway, as the school year is starting,
the mantra that i heard was
kindness and confidence.
and immediately, i realized that this is my mantra.
my calling.
what i spend my energy seeking and instilling.
as i enter the next few weeks of school
the first weeks of school,
these will be the only things that matter.
they will be the curriculum.
including mine.
kindness and confidence.
2 comments:
it's a good one, good luck on that "first" day, I wonder if those jitters ever go away.
I love your mantra! How was your first week of kindergarten? I also teach kindergarten, in Charlotte, so I feel somewhat attached to your blog. I look forward to hearing your teaching stories!
Post a Comment