this resolution has many parts to it. the gist: have fun. i have discovered that i need to go far beyond my comfort zone to be social, to be active. todd and i love to be home, love to hang out together, to nap, to eat, to relax, to watch movies, to be mellow. in short, we are homebodies.my resolution is this: have more fun. get our more. be brave. take risks. do something different. try something new each month to get out there and get active.
my first step was to invite people to our house. now on the list: bowling, church, local museums, travel to baltimore and d.c. (preferably with friends), meet someone new, find all the local thrift shops, find a book group or sewing group, take another class at the community college... any ideas?
for more resolutions and others' portraits, click here.
7 comments:
Good luck with your resolution of fun outside your comfort zone!
Oh man, I'd totally go to D.C. with you if I was closer. I've always wanted to see all that stuff. Our community college has stained-glass art. I don't know what you would do with it, but it would be fun to say you know how. :) You and your drink look very beautiful in that light, by the way.
love this resolution! it's always nice to challenge yourself. what wonderful things you might discover!
other ideas:
take cooking classes
get involved in your own town volunteer for community events
get in touch with the chamber of commerce.... the possibilities are endless.
Sounds like an excellent resolution.
and I can't not mention the beautiful photos in this post! love the lighting!
it looks like you are off to a great start after your dinner party.
good luck!
hey pretty
have a sip for me, ok? you know how i love myself some sips.
May I suggest knitting for fun? I'd love to see your photographs of yarn!
Post a Comment