not a teacher was sleeping, not even the fools.
The nametags were hung by the cubbies with care,
With knowledge that students soon would be there.
The children were nestled, all snug in their beds,
While visions of recesses danced in their heads.
And teachers drink wine, and a night cap,
Trying to settle their brains and get in a nap...

And so I sit ready for tomorrow to begin. I spent my day in meetings and later cleaning, hanging name tags, organizing, shopping, typing, and sewing... all in an effort to get it all together for tomorrow. I just might be ready. As ready as one ever can be when you never know what to expect.
Will I see tears tomorrow morning? Will anyone wet their pants? Who will spill their juice? Who will make me get mean on the first day?
You don't want to see me mean. They just don't know it yet. My unsuspecting little ones...
No comments:
Post a Comment