Jamaica, VT, that is.

We arrived on Friday afternoon after finishing up some packing and a two hour drive. We set up camp and made ourselves at home. I am all about bringing the comforts of home...

And there is nothing cuter than a husband that packs a welcome mat for outside the door of your tent. It felt great to be away and I was sentimental about all of the time I have spent in the past in this tent on fun trips with fun people.
Then we had some time to relax and Todd and I lit a fire and ate almost a whole block of cream cheese appetizer while we waited for our friends to arrive. We had a yummy dinner of chicken and dumplings and then it was time for bed... and it was COLD. The temperature was about 25 that night...
Saturday we kayaked the trickier section of river and after a swim early on I had a great run after that. I had a combat roll in the "Dumplings" rapid and was feeling pretty good... and exhausted.
We hiked up later that day to look at the river. In this photo you can just barely see the kayaks on the water in this photo. What a view... and a hike to get down there (keep in mind that you are carrying your kayak as you hike down to the river from this dam).
Okay, its also pretty cute that we all wore matching shoes.

We ate dinner out that night after appetizers around a fire. It felt good to be indoors and among friends.

This is Sunday. A run on the easier section of river. Sore muscles were happy for the rest and we had a great time with good friends... I love this photo because there are 6 boats on top of the car and it looks like we have so much gear that it is spilling out the back of the car.
Fun memories. Good friends. Campfires. The week-end was everything that I hoped for.
1 comment:
love the shoe pic...
looks like you guys had a blast. i want to go camping with you guys, too! except camping with two wee ones is probably a trainwreck waiting to happen.
Post a Comment