Monday, May 29, 2006

Day 291

I am filled with a gentle sadness as more and more boxes get filled and Todd and I brace for our move. This was our last week-end here together in New Lebanon... and I feel so mixed... excitement for vacation, the end of the school year, the move... and happiness that Jill and Kevin are here visiting for a fun and laugh filled extravaganza... and still, a gentle sadness that we will be on our way and saying so many good-byes.

Here are some week-end hightlights:

I spent Friday night working on report cards and saturday-day, too... but in the evening we picked up Jill and Kevin for a late night dinner at home (approximately 10:30 p.s. EST). Sunday morning we woke up for a lazy breakfast, trip to the trashy flea market where I bought some old milk bottles (to store change)...
(oh, that was another highlight too, turning in $71 dollars of change- enough to buy our groceries!)
We took Mollie for a much needed walk and swim--- and with the warm weather I couldn't help but get in, too...
and then lazying around with margaritas and bocce for the remainder of the day. Jill and I were done for by 4 p.m. and we went for indian dinner in Williamstown followed by a bad concert in North Adams. It was all good fun.

My parents came over for brunch today and we ate and played croquet. We are certainly enjoying our yard this week-end.

Now, I am back into reports, looking forward to a nice dinner out tonight to celebrate Jill and Kevin's anniversary. Happy Anniversary guys!!!

1 comment:

nina beana said...

looks like you guys had some fun times despite the tumultuousness...
we love you guys! and we'll be thinking of you during your move.