Sunday, August 20, 2006

Transformation

Well, its my one year blogging anniversary and my day count was way off... so as I enter year two of blogging, I have decided to use real titles for my entries.
This is my first.


Welcome to Maple Elementary School. I thought you might like to see the classroom transformation of my room. I love this process and I love these before and after shots... Its shows just how much work it takes to get ready.


This is the first angle of my room... with Todd as a not-so-happy first grader. :-) When I first arrived all of my furniture was piled up high in a corner, so of course, my first step is to figure out where I want it all... Then, I have to scavenge other classrooms to see if I can steal the furniture that I don't have but I want. I had a few hits but eneded up blowing some budget money on a bookshelf, too.

This is another shot... new this year are a teacher's desk (I never had one of those before) and a t.v. that hooks up to my brand new computer. yeah! I will be all wired up this year. Now, I just need my password and I'll be all set.


I am so grateful to have this one small window. You can also see bulletin board transformation in this shot. I covered with huge blue and green paper and then decorated with a ribbon border... Half way through I decided that my subconscious must be missing the hills of home because the landscape is not rolling here as depicted on my boards... its flat, flat, flat.



This is a big, black metal wall that is magnetic, so that helps... but I was at a loss for what to do to cover its bigness and blackness. I tried to use as much furniture as possible on that wall and then added my "word train" to the top... of course, there's no words yet, that comes later. :-)


Cross your fingers and eyes for me on Tuesday... the first day of school!

3 comments:

nina beana said...

good luck with school! your kiddies are lucky to have you. can't wait to hear all about your school adventures. we'll be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

okay, i just got back from three weeks of vacation, and am reading your posts backwards. I will assume you did get a job at a school? Congratulations! and good luck for the new school year!

nina beana said...

good luck today! thinking of you.

heart.