Monday, August 28, 2006

A lesson in crafting

I attempt to make many things... and often the first round is just... shall we say, its a nice attempt? Most recently, I endevoured to make a hat. It was going to be a birthday gift... however, I strongly advise against having you first attempt at a project being a gift idea... start off slow and make one for yourself. That way, when you have to laugh out loud at your results, you can smile at the memory each time you think you might be brave enough to wear said project into public.


So, attempt number one was laughable. Laugh out loud until my gut hurt while I looked in the mirror laughable. The brim covered my entire face and there was so way to wear it without walking into walls. So attempt number two was cutting off half the brim and then sewing it back up in a very sloppy, circular kind of way. I think its fun, and admittedly, I do wear the hat... whether I should or not.
I just hope attmpt number there will actually be giftable item. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I like it--the 2nd attempt, that is. :)