Today was the day from h*!! at work.
We had parent conferences on Monday and then yesterday I had a sub in for me while our team had meetings and visited another school... That meant four days without me... and that meant chaos.
I felt like it was the first day of school, only worse, because I felt like they should know better and on top of that I was observed by three professionals who were ready to give me constructive feedback.
My morning was rough and the pressure was on. We sat down in the afternoon to discuss the observations and I just broke down. I couldn't stop sobbing. I mean body convulsing, feel like a little kid, sobs. So on top of feeling overwhelmed and fighting fears of failure, I was embaressed. Ah, these are the days.
They reassured and advised and reassured again... but I just can't stop crying.
If I make it to work tomorrow it will be an acomplishment.
If I make it through the day, a miracle.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm so sorry about your day! Hugs from Louisiana. :)
You poor thing. Want me to come out there and put them in their places? I can't be there to hold you but I'm sure Toddo is handling it. Love from Colorado. P.S. Corinne's quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!
I totally feel for you and your crappy day. I have definitely been there before! And it sucks!
Be brave. You are doing a great job with those kids. They must really like you, and so are learning to trust and get used to you in the classroom, which means when you leave - they cannot handle change too well.
(You may need to talk with them about behaviour when you are away and how to get on track sooner when you return.)
Tomorrow will be much better. I promise.
xx
blondie
everyone else said all the good stuff, so i'll just send hugs
*hugs*
keep your chin up!
My sweet baby, I hope today was better and tomorrow will almost be a weekend.
I love you and so do the little ones in your class. See you soon!
happy thursday, girl! i'm sure today will be better than yesterday- and todd's right- today you can say 'after tomorrow is the weekend'! take each moment as it comes, and let them slide right off of you.
if i was close, i'd take you out for coffee and a treat tonight. xo
What a dreadful day for observations. Hope today was better. I'm sure that it was! I'm sure you did great!
hey girl,
You hang in there cause all us teachs of little peeps hvae days like that. It's so not your fault. Hang in there and hopefully Monday will be a better day - heack lets hope for a better week.
hang in there! little kids can be tough, but take deep breaths, do the best you can, and know that the days will get better!
thanks for all of the love and support, friends. i needed every last bit of positive energy that i could get to make i through this week!
Post a Comment