Update: Thursday was a bit better and by Friday afternoon I had a few moments of rejoicing... I could again look around and see everyone on task. I had to bribe with candy but you gotta do what you gotta do. Each child working so quietly that you could have heard a pin drop. it lasted for three to five sumptuous minutes when I was just able to praise, praise, praise. Ah... There little minds were a flutter as they wrote "My favorite candy is..." in their journals. So I am hoping next week will again bring progress and hope. 26 school days down makes 154 to go. :-)
This week-end is also a well needed rest. Yesterday Todd and I took the boat out with some new friends (a girl that I work with and her husband). We piddled around, ate sandwiches and chicken, and enjoyed the sun and some rain. It was restful and calm and fun and a chance for us girls to vent to one another.
The cloudy sky meant it was also a great day for playing some cards and we got some use out of our Phase Ten deck. It was an all around good time, and we are happy to have found some cool people to hang out with down here.
Today I will finish up my planning for the week and run a few errands. There are more clouds overhead after a hard rain during the night. I hope to cozy up with some quilting as I begin Willy's big boy quilt. Can you believe that he is almost 3?
2 comments:
Teaching is a difficult road to travel with many speed bumps along the way.
Glad to see you are back on track. A lovely weekend with friends and family was always my vice when my classroom kids got me down.
Have a great week!
glad you're feelin' better. that picture of willy is killing me- he's so stinkin' cute. wish we all lived closer.
meow!
xo
Post a Comment